Filmmaker Spike Lee helps Amazon Studios' pioneering effort into movie business
Amazon Studios says it has acquired Spike Lee's new film as its first Amazon original movie.
The film, with the working title "Chi-Raq," features a cast including Nick Cannon, Wesley Snipes, Jennifer Hudson, Teyonah Parris, D.B. Sweeney, Harry Lennix, Steve Harris, Angela Bassett, John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson.
Amazon Studios' Ted Hope said, "it would be impossible to find a better filmmaker" than Lee to launch the studio with."
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- What’s The 411 Episode 107: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Tupac
- RnB Singer Freddie Jackson is Back, and He’s Sending "Love Signals"
- Harvard Honors Rihanna with a Humanitarian of the Year Award
- What’s The 411TV Announces Its List of 25 People to Watch in 2017
- It's Official, Serena Williams is Engaged To Be Married!