There were a record 290 newcomers to the Forbes list of billionaires in the last year and Michael Jordan joins the list at 1,746.
Most of his cash comes from Nike payouts on his iconic brand. The Jordan brand grossed an estimated $2.25 billion in 2013, earning "His Airness" some $90 million. But his most valuable asset is his stake in the Charlotte Hornets, worth more than $500 million.
Jordan reached the billion dollar mark in 2014 after increasing his ownership in the Charlotte Hornets to almost 90 percent, pushing him over the top. Let's see if he can be as successful as an executive as he was a player. The jury is still out.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Is NeNe Leakes Returning to the Real Housewives of Atlanta?
- What’s The 411 Episode 107: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Tupac
- RnB Singer Freddie Jackson is Back, and He’s Sending "Love Signals"
- Harvard Honors Rihanna with a Humanitarian of the Year Award
- What’s The 411TV Announces Its List of 25 People to Watch in 2017