Lingerie is a hot and celebrities seem to be scurrying to put their imprint in the industry.
The latest celeb entrant with a lingerie line is Halle Berry.
The Academy Award-winning actress announced Thursday that she has invested in the iconic French lingerie label Scandale Paris, marking her as co-owner of the 80-year-old brand. Berry will partner with Erik Ryd, owner of Hong Kong-based manufacturer Hop Lun, to re-launch the luxury label.
"I fell in love with Scandale while I was in Paris, because the brand reminded me of the city itself — beautiful and inspiring" Berry said in a statement, adding that the brand will launch globally in 2015. "I look forward to giving more women the chance to enjoy what European women have come to love for more than eight decades."
"It is a fantastic opportunity to have this relationship with Halle Berry where she is a true partner in the business," Erik Ryd, fellow co-owner of Scandale Paris, said via press release. "We are delighted that she discovered Scandale and wanted to be a part of the brand's future. Her knowledge of what women want matched with our lingerie expertise and Scandale's rich heritage is what makes this collaboration so special."
Scandale Paris is set to launch in select Target stores and Target.com on October 27. According to an official release, the range of undergarments is "designed to uniquely celebrate the many roles woman play [...] as well as the desire to feel her best self." The debut collection will feature 10 pieces, including bras ($16 to $18) and panties ($7).
Move over, Victoria's Secret, there is a new girl in town.
- THE NYLON PROJECT FIGHTS HOMELESSNESS DURING NYFW FALL 2017
- Movie Review: Kevin Hart's What Now – Not Now!
- What's The 411 Episode 68: 50 Cent, Ben Carson, Rick Ross, Halle Berry, Bob Marley, and more
- Halle Berry Ex- Husband David Justice Goes on Twitter Rant; Eric Benet Chimes In
- Women Ruling Runway at New York Men's Fashion Week
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- What’s The 411 Episode 107: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Tupac
- RnB Singer Freddie Jackson is Back, and He’s Sending "Love Signals"
- Harvard Honors Rihanna with a Humanitarian of the Year Award
- What’s The 411TV Announces Its List of 25 People to Watch in 2017
- It's Official, Serena Williams is Engaged To Be Married!