The advertising domino effect has hit another social media platform, Snapchat.
The company recently announced on its blog that ads will begin appearing in "Recent Updates."
"An advertisement will appear in your Recent Updates from time to time, and you can choose if you want to watch it. No biggie. It goes away after you view it or within 24 hours, just like Stories," the company wrote in a blog post.
No need to worry about ads appearing in your snaps or chats or that creepy feeling of being followed by advertisements.
"That would be totally rude," the post reassures. "We want to see if we can deliver an experience that's fun and informative, the way ads used to be, before they got creepy and targeted. It's nice when all of the brilliant creative minds out there get our attention with terrific content."
Unclear why Snapchat and some of your other favorite social media platforms are introducing ads? The answer should be apparent, if not, Snapchat was straight to the point.
"Understandably, a lot of folks want to know why we're introducing advertisements to our service. The answer is probably unsurprising — we need to make money."
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- What’s The 411 Episode 107: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Tupac
- RnB Singer Freddie Jackson is Back, and He’s Sending "Love Signals"
- Harvard Honors Rihanna with a Humanitarian of the Year Award
- What’s The 411TV Announces Its List of 25 People to Watch in 2017
- It's Official, Serena Williams is Engaged To Be Married!