If you are chomping at the bit to get your products into China, I understand. And for those who need a little bit of prodding, think about this.
Yesterday, November 11, or 11/11 was Singles Day in China (anti-Valentine's day or bachelors day). It is reportedly the world's largest, annual online shopping day, topping the U.S. Cyber Monday and Black Friday. Xiaomi, a Chinese mobile phone brand demonstrated how big a shopping day China's Singles Day really is. Xiaomi mobile phones eclipsed Apple, Samsung, and Lenova in one day.
By midday, Xiaomi had sold 720,000 phones, 250,000 of which being the flagship Mi4 smartphone, retailing for around $300.
Hugo Barra, the former Google executive in charge of Android and who now runs Xiaomi, posted on his Twitter account that Xiaomi sold 1.16 million Mi series mobile devices within a 24-hour period. At the end of the day, Xiaomi pulled in $254 million in total sales.
It's time to get your China strategy in gear, and India, too, as Xiaomi is moving into India, the world's largest democratic country.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- What’s The 411 Episode 107: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Tupac
- RnB Singer Freddie Jackson is Back, and He’s Sending "Love Signals"
- Harvard Honors Rihanna with a Humanitarian of the Year Award
- What’s The 411TV Announces Its List of 25 People to Watch in 2017
- It's Official, Serena Williams is Engaged To Be Married!