Jacinda Motton, aka Ms. Fashionista J, What's The 411 host and fashion/style reporter, is calling Lifetime Television on the carpet for its missteps in casting actors for the Aaliyah biopic.
Lifetime Television has created another uproar by casting Canadian singer and dancer Chattrisse Dolabaille to play Missy Elliott while So You Think You Can Dance Canada alum Izaak Smith has been chosen to play Timbaland.
The production has been wrought with casting issues. Former Disney star Zendaya Coleman dropped out of playing Aaliyah amidst a storm of criticism primarily because Coleman's complexion was too light to play Aaliyah.
Actress Alexandra Shipp will now play Aaliyah. Shipp is best known for her role as KT Rush on the Nickelodeon show House of Anubis. She has also appeared on Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, Switched at Birth, and Victorious.
- QUICK TAKES: Black Panther, Halle Berry, Gabby The Kid CEO, Kim & Kanye
- Exclusive Interview: Meet Blushhh Music, Mathew Knowles' New Hip Hop Trio
- The Artists That Have Influenced Blushhh Music May Surprise You
- Movie Review: X-Men: Apocalypse Gets a Split Review
- What's The 411 Episode 65: Hollywood and Politics as White House Holds State Dinner for China
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]