As Troy Johnson, President and Webmaster, AALBC.com, undertakes the massive upgrade and overhaul of the AALBC.com website, he talks about re-discovering the works of several historic African-American authors namely, John Henrik Clarke, Amos Wilson, Chancellor Williams, Walter Rodney, and more.
How Europe Underdeveloped Africa by Walter Rodney was another great find. Ruth J. Morrison added that a companion book to How Europe Underdeveloped Africa is The Mis-Education of the Negro by Carter G. Woodson, a historian, founder of Black History Month, and one of the first African-Americans to graduate from Harvard.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]