RogerEbert.com and IndieWire team up to help aspiring film critics attend and cover the Sundance Film Festival
Have you ever thought about a career as a film critic working with some of the top names in the film industry? Have you ever dreamed of hanging out with movers and shakers at the Sundance Film Festival? If the answer is yes, then this opportunity might be right for you.
RogerEbert.com and Indiewire are partnering for the third edition of the Roger Ebert Fellowship for Film Criticism, for which four aspiring critics will be selected from North America to attend and cover the 2016 Sundance Film Festival.
The Sundance Institute commemorated a fellowship in 2014 to honor the memory of the late Roger Ebert, who passed away one year earlier. RogerEbert.com joined with Indiewire's Criticwire internship for aspiring film writers. The program was established by Sundance with generous support from Chaz Ebert and The Ebert Foundation.
Diversity in film criticism is desperately needed; but if the applicant pool is not diverse, things will remain the same.
Don't delay, the deadline to apply is Friday, December 4, 2015.
If you apply and get selected, please let us know!
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]