The music industry can be a grind, but RnB/pop artist Carl Brister is still here and pushing forward
RnB/pop artist Carl Brister sat down with What's The 411 host Kizzy Cox for a wide-ranging interview about his life as a child, embracing music, coming to terms with being sexually assaulted at five-years-old, and giving back to the community.
Carl Brister's life experience is a great reminder about the guidance black fathers provide to their children, black love, instilling self-esteem in children, overcoming adversity, and perseverance.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]