There were a record 290 newcomers to the Forbes list of billionaires in the last year and Michael Jordan joins the list at 1,746.
Most of his cash comes from Nike payouts on his iconic brand. The Jordan brand grossed an estimated $2.25 billion in 2013, earning "His Airness" some $90 million. But his most valuable asset is his stake in the Charlotte Hornets, worth more than $500 million.
Jordan reached the billion dollar mark in 2014 after increasing his ownership in the Charlotte Hornets to almost 90 percent, pushing him over the top. Let's see if he can be as successful as an executive as he was a player. The jury is still out.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]
- Katt Williams Starts a Family Feud on Atlanta Radio Show [VIDEO]
- Bill Cosby Gets Max Sentence, Is It Too Harsh? [VIDEO DISCUSSION]