Pop radio is not a level playing field for R&B artists
SINGER TYRESE GIBSON is not singing a happy tune when it comes to pop radio stations. The singer, whose album is number one of the billboard R&B charts, says that hit music stations are not playing his tracks. Gibson told TMZ: "When i think about Sam Smith, Robin Thicke, [and] Justin Timberlake- when they're singing R&B soul, their songs are being played on all formats of radio, including urban radio. We don't say because their white they should only be played on the white stations. If I'm number one...my song deserves to be heard by the world."
- Harvard Honors Rihanna with a Humanitarian of the Year Award
- Ask Angelo a New Book from Music Industry Insider, Angelo Ellerbee
- Prolific Musician, Prince, is Dead at 57
- Terrell "T-Rex" Simon Talks About His Debut Album, New Beginnings
- Freedom Williams of C+C Music Factory Talks Music Industry Changes