The National Book Foundation awards The 2017 Innovations in Reading Award to Barbershop Books
Congratulations to Harlem-based Barbershop Books!
Over the past 2 years, Barbershop Books has transformed 49 barbershops into community spaces that support positive early reading experiences for boys in 18 cities across 11 states.
Barbershop Books will receive a $10,000 prize and will be recognized at the second annual Why Reading Matters Conference on June 15.
Four organizations received honorable mention for the 2017 Innovations in Reading Prize are Books@Work (Shaker Heights, OH), the Great Reading Games (Princeton, NJ), Poetry in Motion (New York, NY), and Reach Out and Read (Boston, MA).
- The Why Reading Matters Conference 2017 Coming to NYC
- Ta-Nehisi Coates Wins National book Award for Non-Fiction
- The 2015 National Book Awards Finalists Announced; Most Ethnically Diverse Class of Finalists Ever
- Sherrie Young: Standing at the Crossroads of Literacy and Literature
- IMAGES Harlem Book Fair 2015