Watch Video Discussion of Nate Parker's The Birth of a Nation
Despite The Birth of a Nation's stellar reviews, its $7M opening weekend haul is lackluster, and many are saying that the Nat Turner biopic's dreary performance is related to the rape controversies that have besieged the film's director/producer/star Nate Parker and co-writer, Jean McGianni Celestin.
However, given all of that, Onika McLean says go see the movie. Forget what you hear from the social detractors, The Birth of a Nation is well-crafted with so many story lines and themes that come together into an impeccable work of art.
Onika says, The Birth of a Nation is #BlackManFocused and not your ordinary slave movie.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- What’s The 411 Episode 107: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Tupac
- RnB Singer Freddie Jackson is Back, and He’s Sending "Love Signals"
- Harvard Honors Rihanna with a Humanitarian of the Year Award
- What’s The 411TV Announces Its List of 25 People to Watch in 2017
- It's Official, Serena Williams is Engaged To Be Married!