Serena Williams speaks about loving and valuing her body
This week, we are combining our Photo and Motivational Quote of the Week.
The photo and quote come from the legendary professional tennis player, Serena Williams, as she shows off her post-pregnancy body:
"I've been called man because I appeared outwardly strong. It has been said that that I use drugs (No, I have always had far too much integrity to behave dishonestly in order to gain an advantage).
It has been said I don't belong in Women's sports—that I belong in Men's—because I look stronger than many other women do. (No, I just work hard and I was born with this badass body and proud of it)."
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Denzel Washington on Black Incarceration; and more | What’s The 411 Ep. 119
- Jay-Z to Receive a 2018 Grammy Salute To Industry Icons Award | Ep. 118
- Is Amazon Detrimental to Black Book Ecosystem?
- Kaepernick, Wendy Williams, John Legend, Tyrese, and more | Ep. 117
- Weinstein’s Sexual Harassment Allegations Exposes Hollywood