Rita Obi calls Creflo A. Dollar on the Carpet
Creflo A. Dollar, Jr., founder of World Changers Church International, has found himself under fire for using a crowd-funding program to raise $65 million to purchase a new private airplane.
A Gulfstream G650 to be exact; a plane that billionaires are on a waiting list to possess.
There are so many social and economic issues that Dollar could resolve with $65,000,000. However, instead, he chose to issue a charge to his flock that said in part:
We are asking members, partners and supporters of this ministry to assist in the undertaking of an initiative called Project G650. The mission of Project G650 is to acquire a Gulfstream G650 airplane so that Pastors Creflo and Taffi and World Changers Church International can continue to blanket the globe with the Gospel of grace. We are believing for 200,000 people to give contributions of 300 US dollars or more to turn this dream into a reality—and allow us to retire the aircraft that served us well for many years.
Dollar pulled his crowd-funding page after public backlash.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]