Mathew Knowles, the creator and former manager of pop icons, Destiny's Child, Beyonce, and Solange Knowles, drops wisdom in his first book, The DNA of Achievers: 10 Traits of Highly Successful Professionals
In this wide-ranging interview with What's The 411TV, entertainment mogul Mathew Knowles, is a business consultant, teacher, and adviser, as he imparts nuggets of information about the music industry and life in general, while discussing his first book, The DNA of Achievers: 10 Traits of Highly Successful Professionals.
In 53 minutes, Mr. Knowles talks with What's The 411TV correspondent, Courtney Rashon, in a down-to-earth manner, about the inspiration for his book, The DNA of Achievers: 10 Traits of Highly Successful Professionals; the importance of passion in realizing goals; the Talk-to-Do Ratio, a phrase Mathew Knowles coined that he uses as an indicator of success (and soon will everyone else); how music artists really make money; elements needed to be successful in the music industry; the effects of growing up in Alabama; challenges leaders face; social media; and more.
Clearly, as the genius behind the success of the Destiny’s Child, and the launch of Beyonce into super-stardom, Mathew Knowles is appropriately positioned to discuss the qualities of achievers.
Each chapter of The DNA of Achievers: 10 Traits of Highly Successful Professionals is focused on the ten traits that Mr. Knowles believes are essential to success.
Mathew Knowles is emphatic that passion is the primary trait for success and discusses passion at length in this interview with What's The 411TV and, it is the first chapter in the book. Mr. Knowles' 10 Traits of Highly Successful Professionals are:
3. Work Ethic
4. Team Building
6. Talk-To-Do Ratio
8. Learning From Failure
9. Giving Back
10. Thinking Outside the Box
The teacher in Mathew Knowles wants to make sure that the reader really absorbs his message, so The DNA of Achievers:10 Traits of Highly Successful Professionals provides a quiz at the end of every chapter.
As serious as Mathew Knowles can be in discussing The DNA of Achievers, he also displays a sense of compassion when discussing a student in his class whose family was the recipient of a home from Habitat for Humanity and his now raising his 13-year-old sister. He also likes to have fun (and who doesn't) and he showed off his zany side when talking about his fraternity and then again when he hilariously compared social media to yesteryear's rag magazines that are still positioned at grocery store checkouts. The bottom line of the comparison was to drive the point that many people are generating enormous wealth off of the emotions of undiscerning people.
The DNA of Achievers: 10 Traits of Highly Successful Professionals will be out in time for the upcoming gift-giving holiday season.
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Give $100,000 College Scholarships to 11 Students
- Beyonce, Kenya Barris, Tamron Hall, Will Smith, Meghan Markle, Sex Dolls, and more | Ep. 130
- Whoopi Goldberg, Pat McGrath, Shonda Rhimes, Kim Kardashian, Shiggy, and more! [VIDEO] | What's The 411 News & Commentary - Ep. 129
- Michelle Williams Checks into Mental Health Facility
- How digital music streaming has helped and hurt new album releases
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]