Thousands of people converged on Union Square Park in New York City on May 3, 2014, for the rally called, Rock a Crown for #234, to protest the abduction of 234 Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped by the Nigerian Islamic militant group, Boko Haram.
Protestors at the Rock A Crown for 234 rally in New York City's Union Square Park. Photo Credit: Kizzy Cox/What's The 411 Networks
Gugulethu Mlambo told What's The 411TV host and veteran reporter, Kizzy Cox, that she had planned to attend brunch in Manhattan with friends. However, when Mlambo heard the news about the abducted school girls in Nigeria, she decided that what she needed to do was take action.
Gugulethu Mlambo, organizer of RockACrown #234 Rally to bring attention to the kidnapped schoolgirls in Nigeria. Photo Credit: Kizzy Cox/What's The 411 Networks
Watch video of Bring Back Our Girls Rally (Commentary Follows)
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]