VIDEO: Scenes from the 3rd Annual Harlem Fine Arts Show
What's The 411 correspondent Barbara Bullard checked into the VIP preview reception for the third annual 2012 Harlem Fine Arts Show, a leading showcase for modern and contemporary African Diasporic art. Held on February 3, at The New York Times Building, the preview reception brought together a diverse group of power brokers, collectors, and art enthusiasts to celebrate the imagination and spirit of the visual arts community.
In this video, we meet Dion Clarke, Founder of the Harlem Fine Arts Show and President of JWD Enterprises; Michelle Lee, Wells Fargo, Regional President for the Northeast; artist Sir Shadow; Cathy Shannon of ENS Gallery Kentucky; artist T. Ellis; Donna Mussenden-Van Der Zee wife of famed photographer Van Der Zee; Andrew Mitchell Co-Founder, Harlem Fine Arts Show; Rachel Cheeks Gabban, Director of Global Diversity, Pepsico; and Charlane Brown Wyans, Professor at Berkeley College and St. Johns University.
A two-day exhibition of more than 100 emerging and established multicultural artists followed on February 11 and 12 at the historic Riverside Church of New York City.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]