WATCH VIDEO: Brianna Marie Sage, the founder of Project Lipstick
Brianna Marie Sage told What's The 411TV she created Project Lipstick to help abused women in shelters to find employment. The first order of business is to help the abused women feel better about themselves. The organization provides total mind and body makeovers to residents in women's shelters. The women receive a complete inside-out makeover as Project Lipstick assists in self-esteem development; career placement; and beauty makeovers. The organization also distributes beauty products and provides training in resume writing; the art of the job hunt; and interviewing skills.
One in four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]