Watch Video: The Art of Legacy
Redemption, Inc., a nonprofit youth-education and community empowerment organization, celebrated the Art of Legacy at its annual fundraising gala on Thursday, November 10, 2011, at Brooklyn Borough Hall, 209 Joralemon Street, Brooklyn, NY.
The theme, the Art of Legacy, honored people who have left a legacy for their children or for others to live by. Kizzy Cox, correspondent for What's The 411 TV, interviewed the honorees: Dr. Una Clarke, former NYC Councilmember, 40th District, Brooklyn, New York; Congresswoman Yvette D. Clarke, Member of Congress, NY-11th Congressional District; Charles Grannum, D.M.D, Cosmetic Dentist; Colvin Grannum, President and CEO, Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation, Inc.; Jeffrey Grannum,Managing Agent for Flagstaff Clapham Group Real Estate Co. and Retired Director of Labor Relations, NYC Transit; Vera Moore, President and CEO, Vera Moore Cosmetics; and Consuela Helms, National Vice President, Product Development and Training, Vera Moore Cosmetics.
Also featured in the video are: Honorable Major R. Owens, former Member of U.S. Congress and Distinguished Professor, Medgar Evers College of the City University of New York (CUNY); NYC Councilmember Jumaane Williams; and Tiffany Tucker, President and Founder, Redemption, Inc.
- What’s The 411TV Announces Its List of 25 People to Watch in 2017
- What's The 411 Episode 87: Prince, Donald Trump, Kerry Washington, and more
- The Judgement of Brooklyn: Wine, Beer, Bling...BK Style
- Flashback: John Calipari Checks in at the Barclays Center Opening
- What’s The 411 Wins Free Speech Award for News and Information
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]
- Katt Williams Starts a Family Feud on Atlanta Radio Show [VIDEO]
- Bill Cosby Gets Max Sentence, Is It Too Harsh? [VIDEO DISCUSSION]