Shonda Rhimes Takes Shondaland to Netflix, and so far, finds success
Showrunner, Shonda Rhimes, just released a list of eight shows to the NY Times, which includes The Warmth of Other Suns, and Pico & Sepulveda, a series set in Mexican California at the start of the Gold Rush in the 1840s.
Not all eight projects have names, for example, Untitled Shonda Rhimes Project — Based on the New York Magazine article How Anna Delvey Tricked New York’s Party People by Jessica Pressler. Manhattan makes a new friend like no other. But is she the stuff American dreams are made of or is she New York’s biggest con woman? Is it a con if you enjoy being taken? Shonda Rhimes (EP) will create the series. This project was expected after Rhimes received the rights from New York magazine to use the material.
So, get ready to get your popcorn and/or your favorite beverage and settle in for a slate of smart television programming.
- Kenya Barris Moves to Netflix, Tamar Ignores Vince’s Hospital Visit [VIDEO]
- Beyonce, Kenya Barris, Tamron Hall, Will Smith, Meghan Markle, Sex Dolls, and more | Ep. 130
- Whoopi Goldberg, Pat McGrath, Shonda Rhimes, Kim Kardashian, Shiggy, and more! [VIDEO] | What's The 411 News & Commentary - Ep. 129
- Monique Calls for a Boycott of Netflix
- Weinstein’s Sexual Harassment Allegations Exposes Hollywood
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]
- Katt Williams Starts a Family Feud on Atlanta Radio Show [VIDEO]
- Bill Cosby Gets Max Sentence, Is It Too Harsh? [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s Hearing Unveils White Male Power Politics [VIDEO]