VIDEO DISCUSSION: A source says Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri are friends, but not in a romantic relationship
Word has it that Janet Jackson’s, ex, Jermaine Dupri, has become a shoulder for Jackson to lean on since the break up from her husband, Wissam Al-Mana. Jackson dated Dupri from 2001 – 2009.
It makes sense because the two were together for nearly 10 years and they are still friends, right?
Friends and lovers are two different things, at least according to a source.
Someone close to the situation tells E! News, Dupri, and Jackson, who is soon to be divorced from her husband, are close, but definitely not in a relationship.
"Jermaine has a crazy love for Janet and they have been speaking more since the breakup. Janet and Jermaine trust each other and they have history."
Furthermore, Janet's focus is on her infant son, Eissa, and her current State of the World Tour, according to the source.
"Janet is really not in a position to get involved with someone at this time," the source explained. "She is open, though, for something more down the line. They are in the talks of working on some new projects."
We’ll keep an eye on the Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri relationship; we’d be surprised if it doesn’t blossom into something more than just work.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]