Berry Gordy Jr., the legendary founder of the Motown empire, graciously greeted his friends, family, and fans on the red carpet at the Motown: The Musical Friends and Family Night.
Mr. Gordy was excited to be in New York City to see his Broadway theatrical production about the founding of Motown and the life behind the scenes showcasing the musical acts we've all come to know. He wanted the world to know how Motown was founded and how all who had a hand in building the company felt doing it.
Mr. Gordy also recognized that timing is sometimes everything. He knows that he was incredibly lucky for Motown to be as successful as it was. As Motown was created just at the time the United States was ready for this type of creativity emanating from the African-American community.
- Ask Angelo a New Book from Music Industry Insider, Angelo Ellerbee
- Maya Angelou Tops What's The 411TV's List of 25 Most Interesting People of 2013
- Martha Reeves on Red Carpet at Motown The Musical Friends and Family Night
- Motown The Musical Friends and Family Night
- Patti LaBelle Backstage at the Soul Train Awards
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]