Brandy wins a Soul Train Award and for her, the moment is quite surreal
What's The 411 correspondent Wanda Formey captured singer/actress, Brandy, backstage at the 1995 Soul Train Awards show.
Brandy received her very first Soul Train Award for Best New R&B/Soul or Rap Artist, and she was ecstatic, while at the same time, you can see for Brandy, the moment was surreal.
Held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California, the Soul Train Awards, a product of Don Cornelius' long-running television show, Soul Train, honors the best in R&B, soul, rap, jazz, and gospel music from the previous year.
This year’s show was hosted by award winners in their own right, Anita Baker, Babyface, and Patti LaBelle.
Anita Baker also won two Soul Train Awards at this awards show. The awards were: R&B/Soul Album of the Year – Female, and Best R&B/Soul Single – Female.
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Give $100,000 College Scholarships to 11 Students
- QUICK TAKES: Patti LaBelle, Kirk Franklin, Demetrius Shipp Jr. and more
- What's The 411 Episode 110: Beyonce, Khloe Kardashian, Rachel Lindsay, and more
- Coach Wooden and Me Among Recommended Books for May 2017
- Episode 75: EMPIRE, Celine Dion, Bernie Sanders, Nicki Minaj, Tara Wallace
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]