What's The 411Sports correspondent Andrew Rosario caught up with Bronx resident, Ex-New York Giants and Ex-New York Jets, SAM GARNES at Super Bowl Media Day.
WATCH SAM GARNES VIDEO INTERVIEW HERE
Andrew Rosario: You look great man; what are you doing these days with the Broncos?
SAM GARNES: I'm coaching the DB. I'm an assistant DBs coach. I'm trying to help lead them to a victory this weekend.
Andrew Rosario: So you got your hands filled because that Seattle offense is pretty potent with RUSSELL WILSON and their wideouts, as well.
SAM GARNES: It's very, very potent, a lot of people, you hear those guys talk about they are under-rated. They are not under-rated to us. We watch the tape. They are explosive, talented, and they have a great quarterback leading them so.
Andrew Rosario: From an offensive stand point, what do you do to try to offset what they want to do?
SAM GARNES: You just try to do the things you've been doing all year-long which is to do it better. That's all I could say you know.
Andrew Rosario: Now what do you miss most about the game?
SAM GARNES: One thing you miss is usually when you're playing you miss the camaraderie of being around your teammates. But, when you coach you get that, and physically I feel like I can't do it anymore so I don't miss playing so much. I enjoy watching the young guys grow and go out there and put together the game plan they go out there and execute that. I get a lot of joy out of that.
Andrew Rosario: What do you tell the younger guys who are experiencing something like this for the very first time?
SAM GARNES: I tell them I've been through this, it's something that you enjoy but it's not something you don't want to enjoy this two weeks after the Championship, you want to enjoy this for several months and beyond.
Andrew Rosario: What do you want to do after the Broncos? Any envision coming back to the Giants and Jets in any capacity?
SAM GARNES: Well you know I work for the Broncos and that's my focus right now, my focus is just winning the Super Bowl. I have a two-year contract I'm happy being with the Broncos.
Andrew Rosario: Last question, what's it going to take for your guys to come out on top at the end of the game?
SAM GARNES: Just have to have one more point than they do at the end of the game. But, really, you just got out there and execute and hopefully just play better than them.
Andrew Rosario: Well you look like you're in playing shape yourself you know that.
SAM GARNES: I appreciate that I work hard I probably lost a couple of pounds in the last couple of years. But, I feel great.
Andrew Rosario: Excellent, man, good luck it's been great seeing you.
SAM GARNES: Great seeing you as well.
- What's The 411Sports Episode 77: NFL Week 3; Tom Brady or Bill Belichick?
- NFL’s Buffalo Bills Striking First, Readying for 2015-16 Season
- Todd Bowles Gets Call to Coach New York Jets
- Seahawks WR Percy Harvin Traded to New York Jets
- 411SportsTV: NFL Week 2; Mayweather v. Maidana; NFL's Domestic Violence Problem; Women's Boxing and More
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]
- Katt Williams Starts a Family Feud on Atlanta Radio Show [VIDEO]
- Bill Cosby Gets Max Sentence, Is It Too Harsh? [VIDEO DISCUSSION]