VIDEO DISCUSSION: Religious Rights organizations pushing back against Obamacare despite Obama Administration concessions
The United States Supreme Court has agreed to hear oral arguments in seven cases brought against Obamacare. Several religious organizations claim that portions of Obamacare are in violation of the first amendment and Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
There is a portion of Obamacare that requires employers to pay for abortions and birth control.
However, accommodations have been made if an organization refuses to pay for said offending services, the secular portion of their organization or insurance carrier would cover the cost.
This has been no consolation prize for the religious organizations, and I quote "it's like taking the gun out of our hands and placing it in another"- the baby still gets shot.
The Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in mid-March!
Let's keep a watch out for this case, as it will have a direct impact on families and the women's issue for the 2016 Presidential Election.
Onika McLean is president of Lexington Development Group and a co-host and assistant producer of What's The 411, where she focuses on the intersection of entertainment, pop culture, and politics. As president of Lexington Development Group, she helps small businesses to amplify their voices.
When Onika is not working, she enjoys sitting on the deck of her house on moonlit evenings with a glass of wine in her hand.
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s Hearing Unveils White Male Power Politics [VIDEO]
- Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and Brett Kavanaugh: Gender Politics on Full Blast [VIDEO]
- What's The 411 Episode 68: 50 Cent, Ben Carson, Rick Ross, Halle Berry, Bob Marley, and more
- What's The 411: President Obama Eulogizes Clementa Pinckney; U.S. Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare; and more