Facebook has come under fire from the business community and some politicians for allowing access to users’ information without informed consent
This episode of What’s The 411 consists of QUICK TAKES of topical news and discussions about British supermodel Naomi Campbell, Mary J. Blige, Amber Rose, 21 Savage, Alicia Keys, and Black Panther becoming the highest domestic-grossing superhero film of all time.
Journalist, Kizzy Cox, and comedian Onika McLean had fuller discussions about:
- Facebook coming under fire from the business community and some politicians for allowing companies to gain access to its subscribers’ personal data without informing their subscribers about how their data will be used, not allowing subscribers to opt-out and confirming that the data was used properly.
- Diddy and Jay-Z starting an uproar with the announcement of their collaboration to develop a “Buy Black App”.
- The proliferation of “No Manspreading” advertisements on subways and buses in New York City and elsewhere. The new regulation has sparked a debate on social media.
- The student-organized March for Our Lives march in Washington, DC, which featured younger than high school aged students Yolanda Renee King, the grand-daughter of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., and 11-year-old Naomi Wadler who had everyone talking in the days following the march.
- Business moguls P-Diddy and Jay-Z teaming up to develop a "Buy Black" app
Photo of the Week:
Our Photo of the Week is a photo of a man taking “manspreading” to an exaggerated level.
Motivational Quote of the Week:
Our Quote of the Week comes from the award-winning actress, Angela Bassett:
“Old enough to know better. Young enough not to care. Experienced enough to do it right.”
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]
- Katt Williams Starts a Family Feud on Atlanta Radio Show [VIDEO]
- Bill Cosby Gets Max Sentence, Is It Too Harsh? [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s Hearing Unveils White Male Power Politics [VIDEO]