VIDEO: New York City mayor Michael R. Bloomberg joins Lloyd Williams, the president and CEO of the Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce on stage to kick off Harlem Week
What's The 411's, Andrew Rosario, was at Harlem Week 2011 as it kicked off with a reception at Gracie Mansion, the official residence of the mayor of New York City. Hundreds of guests enjoyed the Harlem Week kick-off festivities and among them were two mayors and a governor. This video features: David Dinkins, the first African-American mayor of New York City; David Paterson, the first black governor of the state of New York; Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg; NYC Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly; actor/comedian David Alan Grier; and Lloyd Williams, President and CEO, Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce.
Harlem Week 2011 begins with A Great Day in Harlem on Sunday, July 31, 2011.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]