Vivica Fox supports Justin Tuck’s Celebrity Billiard's Tournament benefiting Tuck's R.U.S.H for Literacy and the United Way Hurricane Sandy Recovery Fund
Actress and television producer, Vivica A. Fox, checked in with What's The 411's reporter, Crystal Lynn on the red carpet at New York Giants Justin Tuck's annual Celebrity Billiards Tournament. With a little hilarity, Vivica ribs Crystal Lynn about her fashion question, as she was expecting the first question to be about Justin Tuck's literacy initiative. In true Vivica Fox form, she made clear her expectations about how she wanted to finish the tournament, the importance of Justin Tuck's R.U.S.H. for Literacy initiative and at the end, Vivica poses and gives a shout out to a New York City police officer who was standing by taking photos.
New York Giants' Justin Tuck hosted his annual Tuck's Celebrity Billiard's Tournament presented by RXR, a leading New York Tri-State real estate operating company, on Thursday, May 30 at Slate NYC.
The event has been a popular fundraiser in Manhattan for the past four years. More than 35 celebrities were expected to take part in a single elimination 8 ball tournament, emceed by well-known actor Anthony Anderson, in which the winner will receive the Grand Prize Luxury Package that will benefit Tuck's R.U.S.H for Literacy and the United Way Hurricane Sandy Recovery Fund.
Tuck, a Defensive End for the New York Giants, started his R.U.S.H for Literacy (Read. Understand. Succeed. Hope.) charity in 2008 in hopes of providing children with the necessary resources to improve their reading skills. Thus far, 10,000 students in the Tri-State and Central Alabama communities have received new books and other materials. The Tucks have donated over 55,000 books and raised over $1.5 million dollars since the charity's inception. They have also supported other non-profit organization by donating over $150,000 in grants. This year $25,000 of the Celebrity Billiards' net proceeds will be going to the United Way Hurricane Sandy Recovery Fund as well.
In addition to Vivica Fox, other celebrities that What's The 411 caught up with at Justin Tuck's Celebrity Billiard's Tournament included: Justin Tuck; former NBA Basketball Player, Jason Kidd; actor, comedian, and writer, Anthony Anderson; Meeka Claxton, wife of Craig "Speedy" Claxton and former star of VH1's Basketball Wives; former New York Knicks Guard John Starks; professional pool player, Jeanette "The Black Widow" Lee; and Jared Fogle (better known as Jared the subway guy).
- Cardi B, Lorde, Fabolous, Vivica Fox, Blue Ivy | What’s The 411 | Ep. 124
- Photo of the Week: The Cast of Black-ish Receiving NAACP Image Award
- Jay-Z to Receive a 2018 Grammy Salute To Industry Icons Award | Ep. 118
- The 2017 Golden Globe Nominations Are Released
- Black-ish is coming back for Season 3!!!
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]
- Katt Williams Starts a Family Feud on Atlanta Radio Show [VIDEO]
- Bill Cosby Gets Max Sentence, Is It Too Harsh? [VIDEO DISCUSSION]