Newly-minted Brooklyn Nets head coach Lionel Hollins was on hand to support the team's point guard Deron Williams' 5th Annual Celebrity Dodge Barrage. Held at Basketball City near the South Street Seaport, the charity event is Williams' signature fundraising event to support the Point of Hope Foundation.
Brooklyn Nets point guard Deron Williams talking with reporters at his 5th Annual Celebrity Dodge Barrage. Photo Credit: Clyde Davis/What's The 411 Networks
All proceeds from the event will benefit the Point of Hope Foundation and Brooklyn's League Education and Treatment Center which will utilize the funds to expand the existing playground that will be named the Deron Williams Playground after completion.
Brooklyn Nets teammates that were in the house included Jarrett Jack, Andrei Kirilenko, and FIBA World Cup gold medalist Mason Plumlee. This was Mason's second year at the dodge ball charity event and he fully expected to be a repeat dodge ball champion.
WATCH VIDEO WITH COACH HOLLINS
- What's The 411Sports Episode 77: NFL Week 3; Tom Brady or Bill Belichick?
- Harry Belafonte and Social Relevant Photographer Stephen Somerstein Top What's The 411TV's 25 Most Interesting People of 2015
- Brooklyn Nets Beat Milwaukee Bucks 129-127 in Triple Overtime
- Chasing Playoff Spot, Brooklyn Nets Making Moves
- NBA ALL-STAR SATURDAY NIGHT: The Sprite Slam Dunk Contest Rises Again
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]