Brooklyn Nets point guard Deron Williams held his 5th Annual Celebrity Dodge Barrage to raise money to help autistic children. Held at Basketball City near the South Street Seaport, the charity event is Williams' signature fundraising event to support the Point of Hope Foundation.
All proceeds from the event will benefit the Point of Hope Foundation and Brooklyn's League Education and Treatment Center which will utilize the funds to expand the existing playground that will be named the Deron Williams Playground after completion.
Brooklyn Nets teammates that were in the house included Jarrett Jack, Andrei Kirilenko, and FIBA World Cup gold medalist Mason Plumlee. This was Mason's second year at the dodge ball charity event and fully expected to be a repeat dodge ball champion.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]