Now in its 5th season, EMERGE! A Fashion Runway Show positioned an eclectic ensemble of artists and a gathering of celebrities during New York Fashion Week.
The celebs that stopped by to talk with What's The 411 correspondent Barbara Bullard were:
• Honoree Mikki Taylor who attended EMERGE! wearing Burberry. She indicated that she is following First Lady Michelle Obama's lead by wearing simple designs that go a long way.
• Actress Regina Taylor has written a play that will debut in September 2013.
• Actress/Comedienne Phyllis Yvonne Stickney developed a company with her brother. She will be going on tour soon and developing a program for youth.
• Glam Fairy Shari Manon from the Style Network indicated she is there to see new talent.
• Ruby Rubero wearing the designs of Hannefah M began her professional music career as the voice of the Bratz TV Cartoon Anthem titled "Se Siente" (Universal, Hip-O Music), which was also one of the highest selling cartoon albums internationally. Ruby is coming out with a new single, Runway, which is scheduled for release on March 12.
• Kim Roxie is the founder of the cosmetic line, Lamik. She is the youngest African-American to have a cosmetic line in Macy's. Kim Roxie is honored to be an ongoing sponsor of EMERGE! A Fashion Runway Show especially during African American History Month.
The featured designers of EMERGE! A Fashion Runway Show's 5th season were:
Bishme Cromartie's collection is edgy sophistication; His well-constructed pieces owned the runway with incredible design elements. His collection was cohesive and yet unafraid to take risks.
Parul Aneja's collection adorned the runway vibrant colors inspired by her homeland of New Delhi, the capital of India she specializes in wedding gowns, cocktail dresses, prom and evening wear dresses for women.
Deidre Jefferies, ESPION Atelier - 'ESPION' French for the English word 'spy' Deidre Jefferies defines her design aesthetic as "the future of classic clothing." This strong, yet sexy collection embodied a sleek sophistication combining male and female elements into a luxury line committed to quality.
Bernice Morgan's Designersberg is a full line of beautiful African dresses custom made in a variety of materials including cotton prints, damask, lace, and linens came down the runway with a fresh take on modern ethnic wear, Africa.
Butterfli Tia's swimwear collection 2-A-T came down the runway making a bold statement. Complete with sexy embellishments, highlighting well-crafted pieces and bold color choices.
EMERGE! A Fashion Runway Show has become one of the top emerging designer platforms during New York Fashion Week and has been consistent in providing a national outlet for emerging designers to showcase their work. Hundreds of designer submissions are reviewed by an elite designer committee, which selects some of the top designers from around the world.
Barbara Bullard contributed to this article.
- Trailblazing Beauty Entrepreneur Supports Emerging Fashion Designers
- EMERGE! Rises During New York Fashion Week
- What's The 411 TV Releases Its List of 25 Most Interesting People of 2012
- India de Beaufort Makes a Splash at Emerge Fashion Runway Show
- EMERGE! Runway Fashion Show A New York Fashion Week Standout
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]