WATCH VIDEO: Mary J. Blige on her new album, MY LIFE, healing, and just wanting to be HAPPY
R&B/hip-hop singer Mary J. Blige spoke briefly to What’s The 411 co-host Roceania just before performing for a group of young people at a New York Undercover event, celebrating 15 years of The Valley, a non-profit organization in upper Manhattan.
During the interview, Mary J. Blige talks about her latest album, MY LIFE, which she considered to be instrumental in her healing process. Mary believes everyone should be able to embrace MY LIFE as the album speaks to issues that everyone has gone through. She may be right because HAPPY, a single off the album, which Mary wrote with her friend, Arlene DelValle, is a song that is resonating with many people. It is also signaling that Mary J. Blige knows what she wants and is going after it.
- The Sense of Success: New Book from Angelo Ellerbee
- Facebook, Jay-Z, Diddy, Mary J. Blige, Black Panther, March for Our Lives | Ep. 123
- What’s The 411 Ep. 112: John Singleton starts feud over Tupac Movie
- Ask Angelo a New Book from Music Industry Insider, Angelo Ellerbee
- What's The 411 Episode 96: Beyonce's Lemonade Now a College Level Course
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]