Noel Pointer Court is Not Your Typical Low-Moderate Housing Complex
Today was the ribbon-cutting and grand opening ceremony for Noel Pointer Court, a newly-constructed residential building with 23 affordable apartments developed by Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC).
As you can see from the photos, this is not your typical low-to-moderate income housing. Kudos to BSDC!
The building, named in honor of the late Brooklyn-born jazz violinist Noel Pointer, is located at 790 Lafayette Avenue between Throop and Marcus Garvey Avenues in the heart of Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Low-and moderate-income tenants for the eight 1-bedroom and fifteen 2-bedroom apartments were selected via a public lottery process conducted in partnership with the NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development.
More than 4,000 applications were received.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Filmmaker Stefanie Joshua on Gentrification, and Bushwick Homecomings: The Record
- Terra Renee on How She Authored a Chapter in Book About Michelle Obama
- China's Alibaba Singles Day Sales Beats Black Friday and Prime Day by a Mile
- Domestic Violence Rears Its Ugly Head Upon LaShonda Childs [VIDEO DISCUSSION]
- Chance The Rapper Donates $1 Million for Mental Health Services in Chicago [QUICK TAKES]