VIDEO DISCUSSION: In accepting his honorary Oscar, filmmaker Spike Lee has once again put Hollywood on blast
"Everybody in here probably voted for Obama but when I go to offices, I see no black folks except for the brother man at the security who checks my name off the list as I go into the studio," the director said while receiving an honorary Oscar at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' seventh annual Governors Awards. "So we can talk 'yabba yabba yabba' but we need to have some serious discussion about diversity and get some flavor up in this. This industry is so behind sports it's ridiculous.
"It's easier to be the president of the United States as a black person than be the head of a studio," he continued. "Honestly, it's easier to be president of the United States than the head of a studio or head of network."
Lee urged Hollywood executives to take a closer look at the people around them.
- Chris Rock Let the World Know He Thinks La La Anthony is Hot
- What's The 411Sports Episode 77: NFL Week 3; Tom Brady or Bill Belichick?
- What's The 411 Episode 95: Robert F. Smith, The Kaepernick Effect, and more
- Spike Lee Signs Deal With Netflix for She's Gotta Have It
- What's The 411 Episode 69: Rick Ross; Spike Lee; Lee Daniels; Patti Pie; and Cynthia Bailey
Latest from Kizzy Cox
- Trinidadian Soca Artist Fay Ann Lyons Stands Up for Power Soca
- Hunger Games Actress Comes Out as Bisexual
- ON THE CARPET: Cop Who Murdered Tamir Rice Won't Stand Trial
- Caribbean Cook-up: Jamaican Dancehall Community Upset With Justin Beiber Choreographer
- James Wright's Viral Video Gives Patti Pie Sales a Huge Boost