VIDEO: Marlena Ortiz, founder of Beating Cancer in Heels, is a very courageous woman and is determined to make every woman with cancer feel beautiful
Marlena Ortiz, founder of Beating Cancer in Heels, was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 25-years-old after cancer went undiagnosed in her body for three years. The diagnosis left Marlena bewildered as to how she could have breast cancer when no one in her family had cancer. Ms. Ortiz learned quickly that the treatment to rid the body of cancer can be very grueling and to feel beautiful during treatment is hard to do.
However, Marlena would be undeterred. She is beautiful inside and out and she would not let cancer take away her feeling of self-esteem. So Marlena put on her high heels and wore her high heels to treatment in order to make herself feel beautiful.
The gift Marlena gave herself, she now gives to other women through the creation of her non-profit organization, Beating Cancer in Heels.
And, it is the gift that keeps on giving. For the second consecutive year, Tene Nicole has made Beating Cancer in Heels, the beneficiary of its breast cancer awareness fundraising effort, Shopping Night Out.
Lasio, Inc., a beauty company specializing in hair care headed by Nadine Ramos, agreed and became the primary sponsor of Shopping Night Out.
Shopping Night Out was conceived by Nikkia McClain, Founder and CEO, Tene Nicole Marketing and Public Relations.
- Harry Belafonte and Social Relevant Photographer Stephen Somerstein Top What's The 411TV's 25 Most Interesting People of 2015
- Nikkia McClain Pays Homage to Breast Cancer Awareness Month With Glam Night Out
- What's The 411 TV Releases Its List of 25 Most Interesting People of 2012
- Nigerian Actor Jim Iyke Supports NYC Breast Cancer Awareness Effort
- Toni Marie Ricci and Michael Bell Going to the Next Level